10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
WHY IS A CIS MAN GETTING AN AWARD FOR PLAYING A TRANS WOMAN
because that’s what ACTING is you fucking stupid child
this argument will be valid when cis women are regularly portrayed by men, but as of right now what it really means is people think trans women’s birth assignment is the most important factor and their genders are just an outfit
because context fucking matters
You’re permanently derailed. It’s through discipline and tremendous disappointment and failure that you arrive at what it is you must paint.
For months, the first paintings don’t mean anything—nothing. But you have to keep going, despite all kinds of disappointments."
- A rare interview with the reclusive and brilliant Agnes Martin, discussing art, failure, and the root of happiness. (via explore-blog)
FREE CeCe trailer
I lost my shit, I think maybe someone is chopping onions near metears. i can’t wait to watch the whole thing.
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.
IF YALL DONT SIGNAL BOOST THE FUCK OUT OF THIS.